‘Tis the season for Christmas and New Year’s parties and gatherings, and of course we want to look more like the Belle of the ball rather than the Beast (which we can save that for the day when you’re having a killer hangover) despite the challenges we encountered throughout this year. And the key to surviving this season is to create a beauty timeline that leaves your prepped and prime for the best of times, as the most festive and glowing version of yourself.
Get ready to primp, pluck and pucker up for the big Holiday parties as we share the 5 ways on how you can slay this festive season!
- Stay Hydrated – The cells in all types of tissue in the body need water to work properly, including the structures in the skin that support collagen. However, water alone won’t do the trick; skin should always receive direct moisture. In general, drinking water frequently will help your overall health, and this will be reflected in your skin’s appearance.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize – As we’ve written on the first step, drinking water is just as important as daily moisturizing. The skin is your body’s largest organ, and it constantly sheds cells. Moisture in your skin helps it repair itself constantly. This comes in handy down the line if your skin is damaged by something more serious, like the sun, especially in summer season in our country Philippines, or an infection. A good amount of moisture in your skin also helps reduce the likeliness of skin problems.
- Use a humidifier – The humidifier creates a good and healthy atmosphere for any room and it is good for purifying air pollutants, pollens, and harmful fumes. This appliance increases the humidity levels in your indoor air, making it more comfortable for your respiratory system and skin, which will have a lot more moisture to absorb. Enjoy the serenity of your personal sanctuary by breathing in fresh and revitalizing air of the humidifier.
- Protect your skin against UV Rays – The sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays can damage your skin in as little as 15 minutes. That’s why it’s important to put on broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 15 or higher before you go outside, even on slightly cloudy or cool days. And remember, sunscreen works best when combined with other options to prevent UV damage.
- Use the perfect skincare products for your skin – Good skin care is a must whatever skin type you have, because it helps your skin stay in good condition. Throughout the day, you’re shedding skin cells so it’s important to keep your skin glowing and healthy looking. An effective routine can help prevent acne, treat wrinkles, and help keep your skin looking its best for this festive season. We recommend trying the Get that Glow Kit by NeuBeam, this kit is filled with 4 incredible beauty products that can help you achieve the pore-less, acne-free and moisturized skin that gives off almost flawless complexion and a very youthful and luminous skin.
After doing all these preparations, you’re now more than ready for mulled wine, cheese platters and plenty of partying this season! And remember, these tips goes for any time of year. Happy Holidays everyone!
A little message from the Dainty Me Rocks, be yourself and be confident always no matter what season it is!